I’m #PRSSAPRoud ... Are You?

By: Rhy Wiethe

Public Relations. Even in today’s day and age, many people are still unaware of what we do. 

“Wait -- you guys just run a Facebook account for companies, right?”

“Oh yeah, I assume you want to be a spokesperson then?”

These are some of the many questions we get as PR students. Frankly, many people do not know just how much we do. PRSSA has been an amazing resource for students to define what they do in a professional setting. PR has so many diverse branches that it cannot be summarized in simply one description or field. In fact, PR exists in every industry out there!

My Experience

As a sophomore, PRSSA has given me so many networking and educational opportunities that many students would not get to experience. Our chapter is particularly active in many different ways:

WordWrite Visit

• I got to go on a firm visit to WordWritePR in Pittsburgh, PA as an underclassman.
    This visit opened my eyes to the importance of PR firms and their work for corporations. WordWrite Visit

• Almost every meeting we have a guest speaker which is not only critical for their professional advice, but creating those connections are helpful for internships and possible careers.

Meeting

• Being a member of the executive board has been simply incredible. Not only have I had the opportunity to bond with other PR students, but I’ve made some of my best friends along the way.

Join Today!

All in all, PRSSA gives my peers and me a multitude of opportunities that I wouldn’t be able to get anywhere else! Join today to meet your best friends, professional pals, and passionate PR peeps—just like I did!